Group Resolution Resources
- Alert the media as soon as your group passes a resolution! Customize this press release tempate and send it to local newspapers, radio shows, and TV stations.
- Send this to your members or constituents after your group passes a moratorium resolution. Let them know they are part of a growing movement and inspire them to further action.
- Let your state and federal elected officials know about your resolution and urge them to support a moratorium in your state.
City Resolution Resources
- Use this as a handout or as talking points to help councilmembers understand why the death penalty is a local issue.
- Alert the media as soon as a local government council passes a resolution! Customize this press release template and send it to local newspapers, radio stations, and TV chanels.
- Send this letter to your constituents after a resolution has passed a city/county council. Let them know about the growing movement and inspire them to further action.
- Let your state and federal elected officials know that another city or county council has called for a moratorium on executions, and urge them to support a moratorium as well. Enclose a copy of the resolution and any positive media coverage you received.
- Use this model letter to send a thank you note to each council member for voting in favor of the resolution. It's important for them to hear that their vote made a difference and their constituents support them.